Saturday, November 9, 2013

Enjoying Marathon

We have been back in Marathon for a week now and are really enjoying it. It is so nice not have have another boat literally 4 feet away from your boat. That is exactly the way it was in the marina. Now the closest boat is about 200 to 250 feet away. It is nice to feel the boat move in the wind and swing around giving you an ever changing view.

It has been pretty windy here this past week making a bit of a wet dingy ride from the dock to Island Queen. It is starting to calm down now though. I have been busy working on the boat as usual. Just small projects though. This week I rebuilt both the toilets and converted them over to fresh water instead of saltwater. We can already tell the difference. I also fixed our anchor light. Even though this is a mooring field you still have to display an anchor light at night. I also installed a new depth sounder. We have never had a good working one on Queeny even though this is the forth one. I could not find one that would read through the hull. I would have to hang the transducer over the side to get them to work semi-consistently. This time I bought a more expensive model that is stronger and it reads through the hull fine. Time will tell if it is a long term solution.

Fixing the anchor light.

New depth sounder.

The numbers are even big enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment