Friday, January 23, 2015

New Name

Well it has been awhile since I posted. The reason is we had our kids here with us for three weeks at Christmas and then I went to California for two weeks. I just got back on Tuesday. It is so good to be home although I was called today and put on stand by for an oil spill in Montana. We will see what happens with that.

We have been contemplating changing the name of the boat from Island Queen to Walkabout, but made it official today and installed the new lettering. She has been Island Queen since she was christened in 1978 so it was a hard decision for me. But I have never been particularly fond of the name so I wanted something different. We learned the term "Walkabout" while we were living in Australia. It pretty well sums up where I am in life right now.

Definition of "Walkabout" by Crocodile Dundee (who else) "A spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon...yes... something like that... you can't quite touch it so you have to go find it because it's you just know it's there...Or maybe it just feels good to go walking around"


New Name Installed

The harbor is full with a waiting list right now.

Full harbor.

1 comment:

Hot Rod said...

"Walkabout"? What kind of name is that? You sit and stare at the ocean all day and do absolutely nothing, so I figure "The Rod & Reel" would be a more appropriate name. Anyway, there's my 2 cents. Gee, I'm a funny, but very sick man. Tee hee hee.

Hot Rod

Post a Comment