Monday, August 24, 2015

It Works

Well I am gonna call it a success. The water maker works. I tested it today and it worked very well other than two small leaks. I will tackle the leaks tomorrow. As far as performance goes I was very pleased. It produced 16 gallons an hour. I was not sure what the production rate would be. I figured it would be between 8 gallons an hour and 15 gallons an hour. It turned out to be 16 gallons an hour, which is fantastic. The quality was very good as well. The product water had 235 ppm of TDS. Municipal water generally has 350 to 500, so the quality is very good. It will be nice when we are traveling to not have to wonder where we will get water and what the quality would be. I ran the test into a bucket instead of the boat's tanks just to make sure everything was as it was supposed to be.

A store bought water maker of this size would cost a minimum of $4,000 plus installation. This cost us about $1,700 including the materials for installation so I am very happy. Plus having built it I will understand what is wrong when it breaks.
Work continues.

Test run.

Water quality at 235 ppm.

16 gallons an hour, I love it.

The first glass.

Hope it doesn't kill me.


No comments:

Post a Comment