Thursday, August 20, 2015

Water Maker Update

Well, I can't say it is done but I can say it is ready to test. Once tested and none of the 37 fittings, 47 feet of tubing, 10 feet of high pressure hoses, two filter housings, two pumps, four valves, and various gauges leak, then I will say it is done. All that is left is to tie it into the sea water strainer in the bilge. I went to West Marine and bought a new sea strainer and various valves and fittings to re plumb the main engine and A/C unit to the only through hull that Walkabout has below the waterline. I am also connecting the water maker to this same through hull. When I got to the register the bill came to $699. I knew it was going to be alot but I almost fainted. As I was driving back to the boat I decided that I could wait a few days and order the stuff online. When I looked it up online I saw that I could get everything for $300 less so I ordered the stuff and took West Marine their stuff back the next day. The lady that did the return was the same one who checked me out when I bought the stuff. She was not a happy camper, but she had to take it back.

Hopefully the strainer and other parts will be here tomorrow and I can test the water maker this weekend. Once that is done I can start of the finish work of installing cabinet doors to cover it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment