Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A New Doghouse

No, it is not for me. We use a Honda 2000 generator for supplemental power and store it on the aft deck. I cover it with a tarp but it is still exposed to the weather quite a bit. I decided to build a box for it to reside in and have a lot more protection. I finished it this week and was very pleased with it. Sharon, on the other hand, said it looked like a doghouse. She also said that it looked home made. I told her I prefer to think of it as hand crafted, and because I liked it so much I consider it gourmet hand crafted. In all seriousness though I am quite pleased with it. I made it out of 1/2" starboard (plastic board). Although the Honda is really quiet the enclosure made it even quieter.







1 comment:

Steady Hand said...

Nice looking deck box for your genset. For the last year I had though of a future build project like that, though a little different and thought starboard would be the material to use. I like what you did.

Post a Comment